Indiescope Privacy Notice
Last Updated, December 23, 2020.
We know that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. This Privacy Notice describes how Indiescope and its verticals collect and process your personal information through our website, services, and applications that reference this Privacy Notice.
By using the Indiescope Services, you are consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
What Personal Information About Users Does Indiescope Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our services and your experience at Indiescope.
Here are the types of personal information we collect:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you provide in relation to Indiescope Services. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our Indiescope Services.
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of Indiescope Services, including information about your interaction with content and services available through Indiescope Services. Like many websites, we use “cookies” and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses Indiescope Services and other content served by or on behalf of Indiescope on other websites.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources, such as your name and email address when you sign in to Indiescope using a third-party login service.
For What Purposes Does Indiescope Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve Indiescope Services. We use your personal information to provide the Indiescope Services, process payments, enhance functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the Indiescope Services.
- Recommendations and personalization. We use your personal information to recommend features, content, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with Indiescope Services.
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to Indiescope Services via different channels (e.g., e-mail or on-site forums).
- Advertising. We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you. We do not use information that personally identifies you to display interest-based ads.
- Fraud Prevention. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, Indiescope, and others.
What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
- Recognizing you when you sign-in to our services. This allows us to provide you with content recommendations, display personalized content, and provide other customized features and services.
- Keeping track of your specified preferences. This allows us to honor your preferences, such as whether or not you would like to see interest-based ads.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve Indiescope’s content and services.
- Preventing fraudulent activity.
- Improving security.
- Delivering content, including ads.
- Reporting. This allows us to measure and analyze the performance of our services.
Indiescope’s cookies allow you to take advantage of some of Indiescope’s essential features. For instance, if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you will not be able to contribute content, review films, add items to your IndieConnect profile.
You can manage browser cookies through your browser settings. The ‘Help’ feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, how to block cookies, and when cookies will expire. If you block all cookies on your browser, neither we nor third parties will transfer cookies to your browser. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some features and services may not work.
Does Indiescope Share Your Personal Information?
Information about our users is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling our users’ personal information to others.
You will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
What About Advertising?
- Third-Party Advertising and Links to Other Websites: Indiescope Services may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and apps. Third-party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, and services.
- Use of Third-Party Advertising Services: We provide ad companies with information that allows them to serve you with more useful and relevant Indiescope ads and to measure their effectiveness. We never share your name or other information that directly identifies you when we do this. Instead, we use an advertising identifier like a cookie or other device identifier. For example, if you have already downloaded one of our apps, we will share your advertising identifier and data about that event so that you will not be served an ad to download the app again. Some ad companies also use this information to serve you relevant ads from other advertisers.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with collection, storage, and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What Information Can I Access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options and profile information in your account settings.
What Choices Do I Have?
If you have any questions as to how we collect and use your personal information, please connect with us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Many of our Indiescope Services also include settings that provide you with options as to how your information is being used.
- As described above, you can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the Indiescope Services.
- You can add or update certain information on pages. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other communications from us, please log in to your account and adjust your preferences in your user account settings. If you do not want to receive in-app notifications from us, please adjust your notification settings in the app or device.
- Most devices provide users with the ability to change device permissions (e.g., disable/access location services). For most devices, these controls are located in the device’s setting menu. If you have questions about how to change your device permissions on devices manufactured by third parties, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
Are Children Allowed to Use Indiescope Services?
Indiescope Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, you may not sign up for Indiescope Services or submit information about yourself to Indiescope.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to use Indiescope Services, your use and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Washington.
If you have any concern about privacy at Indiescope, please email us a thorough description to email@example.com and we will try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice will change also. You should check our websites frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us When You Use Indiescope Services
You provide information to us when you:
- search for information on Indiescope Services;
- subscribe to Indiescope Services;
- stream, view, or use content on a device or through a service or application on a device;
- provide information in your user account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when using Indiescope Services) or on your IndieConnect name page;
- upload professional contacts to your IndieConnect name page;
- configure your settings on, provide data access permissions for, or interact with Indiescope Services;
- submit content contributions (e.g., plot summaries and movie reviews);
- communicate with us by email;
- vote in a poll;
- upload images or videos;
- upload or respond to casting notices on IndieConnect;
- compile Watchlists or Lists;
- participate in on-site forums;
- track pages on IndieConnect; or
- employ our notification services.
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as:
- identifying information such as your name, e-mail address, physical address, and phone number;
- payment information;
- your age;
- your gender;
- your location information;
- your IP address;
- your acting experience and unique acting skills;
- your educational background and professional training;
- your physical attributes;
- people, addresses and phone numbers of professional contacts on your IndieConnect profile page;
- content of reviews, posts to on-site forums, and e-mails to us;
- personal description and photographs you submit about yourself;
- images and videos uploaded to Indiescope Services; and
- information and documents regarding identity (e.g., driver’s license numbers).
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include:
- the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet;
- login, e-mail address, and password;
- the location of your device or computer;
- content interaction information, such as content streams, and playback details, and network details for streaming quality, including information about your internet service provider;
- device metrics such as when a device is in use, application usage, connectivity data, and any errors or event failures;
- Indiescope Service metrics (e.g., the occurrences of technical errors, your interactions with service features and content, your settings preferences, location of your device running an application);
- version and time zone settings;
- purchase and content use history;
- the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our websites, including date and time; content you viewed or searched for; and
- page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs).
We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications, and our web pages to collect browsing, usage, or other technical information.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
- filmography such as film and TV credits;
- biographical information;
- images and videos uploaded to Indiescope Services;
- reviews; and
- press interviews and media articles.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access through Indiescope Services include:
- past payments;
- subscription status;
- personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, and password);
- payment methods;
- e-mail notification settings;
- your content contributions (e.g., plot summaries and movie reviews);
- profile information associated with your IndieConnect accounts.
- information associated with your IndieConnect profile page (including acting experience, physical attributes, educational background, and professional training); and
- images uploaded to Indiescope Services.